Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Too Faced Palettes



You may have noticed that my Too Faced Natural Eye palette is present in basically every 'Face of the Day/Night' blog I post. I adore the shadows and thought it would be interesting to do a little more in-depth post about both Too Faced palettes that I own.



Too Faced Natural Eye

This palette comes with 9 gorgeous neutral shades that are all highly pigmented, easy to apply and long lasting. I love that there is a mix of matte and shimmery finishes, and even one glittery one for fun.

'Heaven' is the perfect off white highlight colour and my everyday go to inner corner and brow bone highlight. Sometimes I will even lightly swipe some of the shadow across my lid to brighten the eyes. 'Sill Teddy' is a highly pigmented and gorgeous light champagne colour. I love to use this as an all over the lid colour and inner corner highlight paired with 'Push-Up' in the crease during the day. It also works great as an an all over the lid colour for a smokey night look (see my Face of the Night post HERE)

I don't find myself using the other matte shadows too often, but I do think they look great on my Mum when I do her makeup. The other shimmery colours are gorgeous but again, I don't find myself reaching for them too often.



Too Faced Pixie Pin-Ups

I remember standing in Sephora when I was on holiday in Europe and 'ooh-ing and aah-ing' over the gorgeous packaging of all the Too Faced products. This palette caught my eye instantly with the cute pop up picture, lovely colourful shades and mini shadow insurance and mascara. As you can see from the pictures, I still haven't actually opened the mini mascara, not sure why actually. I adore the primer though, will definitely re-purchase when I run out.

On the top row you have 3 shimmery shades that are colourful but definitely wearable for day time. 'Leading Lady' is light peach colour which looks gorgeous all over the lid and really brightens the eyes. 'I know what boys want' is a cute light pink but as you can see from the pictures, just not a colour I ever reach for. 'Lucky Charms' is a light green that I think looks lovely on the lower lash line to add a pop of colour. The other 3 shadows are either in the Natural Eye palette or very similar, so I don't reach for them.

I love this palette but can see myself maybe selling it in a future blogsale.

Have you ever tried Too Faced products?

5 comments:

  1. Even though I have the naked palette, I want the naked eye palette! Such gorgeous colours :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never tried any Too Faced products but I love their packaging and I hear good things about the products themselves so I will have to give them a try! I think I'm going to start with the Summer Eye Summertime Sexy Shadow Collection this summer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gianna- For everday use I find myself reaching for the Too Faced palette much more, I think it's worth having both lol x

    TiffanyNicole- You should definitely give the shadows a go, they're amazing quality :) I just googled the Summertime palette, omg looks gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete