Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Review: Maybelline Master Precise Liquid Liner



Maybelline "Master Precise" Liquid Eyeliner

Although I love my MAC Blacktrack Fluidline, after a good couple years of use the texture has slowly changed. It's still usable, but creating a precise fine point has proven a little more difficult. I've used the (discontinued) Maybelline Line Stiletto Liquid Liner in the past and loved it, so I thought the Maybelline Master Precise Liquid Liner would be right up my alley too.

Colour:
I didn't have a chance to see the full colour selection, but I'm assuming it will just be a few blacks and browns. I picked up Blackest Black, and although it doesn't have a completely matte finish, it's far less shiny than the Line Stiletto was which is an improvement in my eyes, as I prefer a more matte finish.

Pigmentation/Applicaton:
Very dark and excellent pigmentation. The point of the eyeliner is 0.05 mm thin, perfect for creating a precise line. Like all eyeliners, it does take a little practice to get the hang of.

Longivity:
The liner is a waterproof formula so I find it doesn't budge at all during the day, but don't worry it's not a pain to remove either as long as you have a good eye makeup remover.

Price:
$13.95 AUD - reasonably priced, especially when on sale at Priceline ;)

Overall Thoughts:
I'm really happy I picked this product up, it makes creating a perfect thin line and wing in my eyeliner quick and easy.

xx

12 comments:

  1. This eyeliner looks great. I love how pigmented it looks. I think it's a little pricey in Canada though for a drugstore eyeliner. Great review.

    BeautyMakeUpAddict.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah unfortunately here in Australia anything under $15 is considered cheap for drugstore haha! Thanks :) x

      Delete
  2. I loveee your eyelashes! May I ask what mascara are you wearing? Its a bummer about your MAC fluid line, but at least you can save the pot for a back to mac swap :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm wearing Essence Multi Action mascara, its $5.95 AUD from Target :) The Fluidline is still fine to use, it's just a little thicker and takes more work haha. I'm surprised it hasn't dried out actually, have had it for so long!
      xx

      Delete
    2. Thanks so much, such a bargain! oh thats good :) I have had mine for ages too! xx

      Delete
  3. I really like this liner. It was my first liquid liner I tried and I'm really happy with it.


    Caitlin
    xoxo lusted

    ReplyDelete
  4. My boyfriend picked this up for me as a birthday goodie! I found it a little tricky to apply along the lashline. I may have to practice. The fine tip takes a bit of getting used to. I'm excited to use it for little works of body art though!

    Courtney
    Such A Beautiful Sight

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah definitely takes some getting used to, I've never used such a thin tip!
      xx

      Delete
  5. Ooooh, i love that eyeliner! I also really love your blog. I am definitely a happy new follower xo Genevieve

    ReplyDelete
  6. Which do you prefer, the line stiletto or the master precise?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Has this eyeliner dried out at all? I find eyeliner pens always do... haha
    Verity x

    ReplyDelete