Monday, April 16, 2012

FOTD: Naked Challenge



Eyes
Australis Eye Primer
Urban Decay Naked 2 'Foxy' (all over lid)
Urban Decay Naked 2 'Bootycall' (inner corner)
Urban Decay Naked 2 'Verve' (crease)
MAC Chromographic Eyepencil in NC15/NW20
Essence Multi Action Mascara
MAC 'Blacktrack' Fluidline
MAC 'Omega' Eyeshadow (brows)

Face
Inglot Face Primer
Revlon Colorstay Foundation '150 Buff'
Garnier Roll-On Under Eye Concealer
Australis Fresh & Flawless Powder 'Natural'
Max Factor 'Classic Rose' Blush

Lips
Langlois Olive Lipbalm
Revlon Lip Butter 'Cherry Tart'


With all the hype surrounding Naked 2, I was so excited when mine came in the mail a couple months back. For the first few days I experimented with each colour, ooh-ing and aah-ing over how lovely they looked in the palette. After the initial excitement wore off however, I found that I actually wasn't reaching for it that often.

The one issue I have found with both my Naked palettes (the first has a mix) is that quite a few of the shadows are quite cool toned, and for some reason they sometimes just looked too dull and gray on my eyes.

Generally taupes/plums are quite flattering on my green eyes, so I have decided to give the palette another go and set myself a little 'challenge'. For everyday I wear makeup, I have to somehow incorporate the Naked 2 palette into my look.

I hope through this challenge I can actually start getting some proper use from the palette so I can get my moneys worth. Although I hardly reach for Naked 1 on a daily basis, it has my go-to smokey shades for a night out look, so I find that I am definitely getting some good use.

Wish me luck on this challenge, haha! I don't wear eyeshadow everyday, so it should be interested to see how I can incorporate the shadows into my looks.

xoxo

7 comments:

  1. This is such a lovely look! I have to get my hands on some lip butters :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. and thank you so much for the colorstay tips! I'll definitely try that out :)
      xx

      Delete
    2. Thank you, and you're welcome haha :) xx

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous! You have incredible lashes. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi i'm wondering where did u purchase your naked2 Palette ?
    cause its not available in australia at all!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I heard that the first Naked palette is actually warm-toned whilst the Naked 2 is cool-toned, so I'm buying the first one. :)

    Your FOTDs look great as always!

    ReplyDelete