Monday, August 15, 2011

Perfect Blush Combination


Firstly, please ignore my stupid pose in the first picture... the photo was taken after pre-drinks haha.

Anyway. Today I would like to share with you all a blush combination that I have been loving to wear recently on nights out. As some of you may know, I have been lusting over the NARS Cream Blush in 'Cactus Flower'. Unfortunately, it's not in my price range at the moment, so I decided to try and re-create the look with blushes I already own!

First I apply NYX Cream Blush in 'Glow', a beautiful medium pink which as the name suggests, gives a lovely glow to the cheeks and acts as a perfect base. To set the blush and achieve that signature golden shimmer of 'Cactus Flower', I apply a layer of my Max Factor Blush in 'Classic Rose'. This blush is a rosy, peachy colour with golden shimmer.

I absolutely love the Max Factor blush! On a night out I love to apply a heavy layer, I find it photographs amazingly and gives a gorgeous sparkle to the cheeks when it catches the light on the dancefloor. I don't bother wearing a highlighter as the blush gives the perfect sheen to the face.

What are your favourite blush combinations at the moment?
xx

2 comments:

  1. I really want some creme blushes but I'm really not big on having a dewy finish, so I'm not sure I see the point if I don't like the finish. The colour looks nice on your cheeks :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I have quite oily skin so usually I don't like the dewy finish either, but I find that all my matte foundations leave my face looking a little flat. The cream blush adds some shine but not on the t-zone, and setting it with a powder helps it from sliding around the face :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete