Sunday, July 10, 2011

Current Beauty Wishlist

Apparently I don't already have enough makeup *shakes head*


1. NARS 'Cactus Flower' Cream Blush

NARS describes this blush as a "shimmering poppy" (click here for a HD picture I found off Google). Curiosity led me to visit a Mecca store and test it out. The MUA applied it to my cheeks and straight away I fell in love! The colour is quite intimidating in the pan but with a light hand you can achieve a gorgeous red-poppy tint with an even amount of gold shimmer running through it, adding the perfect highlight.

Unfortunately this retails for $49 AUD here in Australia, and I couldn't justify spending that much on a blush! I've found it online here for just under $40, but I'm still debating whether to buy it or not.

2. MAC 'Well Dressed' Blush

This blush is constantly raved about and has been on my wishlist for a long time now. I actually have a Myer giftcard I've been saving, so I'm just waiting to find some time to head over to the MAC counter and have a MUA test it out on me.

3. Benefit Moon Beam

For ages I have been lusting over Benefit highlighters and cheek stains! My amazing mother generously purchased the Benefit 'Finding Mr Bright' palette for me which contains sample sizes of Posie Tint, High Beam, Erase Paste and Girl Meets Pearl. I have fallen in love with the High Beam (a gorgeous pinky highlight) and now have my eyes set on Moon Beam!

Apparently Moon Beam is a more yellow toned highlight, and seeing as I have yellow undertones in my skin I think it might compliment me? For now I'm happy with High Beam though, so we'll see which I purchase when that runs out.

4. Makeup Forever HD Foundation

I remember standing in Sephora 6 months ago in Paris and staring at this foundation thinking "Should I or shouldn't I?" Silly me decided it was too expensive, and I decided to go for a single eyeshadow instead. I wish I had just splurged and given the foundation a go, everyone always raves about it! One day I will find/buy it online, just wish I had atleast tried it so I would know my shade...

5. Inglot Powder

Being Polish, I have a soft spot for the Polish brand Inglot. I stocked up on products when I was in Poland (so much cheaper there!) but for some reason the foundations/powders didn't attract my attention.

My friend Christina swears by the Inglot powder (can't remember which one haha) so I've been tempted to give it a go. At the moment I have way too many powders, so once I finish them up I plan to head over to Inglot and test some of theirs out.

Inglot products aren't cheap in Australia, but I would say they are reasonably priced compared to brands such as MAC, NARS etc.

6. Chanel VitaLumiere Aqua Foundation

Another product raved about foundation on youtube, I want to try this foundation. I won't though. Too expensive, and Chanel never does gift with purchase (haha).

7. MAC Lustreglass

Not actually sure which shade I want... I just know that I'm looking for a nice nude or pink. I have 'Florabundance' lipglass, the perfect nude, but I HATE the formula of lipglasses! I have one Lustreglass (Venetian - perfect red) and the formula is much less sticky/streaky and the brush applicator is amazing. If only they could make a lustreglass version of 'Florabundance'.

8. Maybelline Gel Eyeliner

I'm loving my MAC Blacktrack Fluidline Gel Eyeliner, and still have plenty left, but once that finishes I have my eyes on a cheaper alternative by Maybelline.

9. MAC Cleanse Off Oil

I was watching a monthly favourites video by Amarixe and she mentioned this product is perfect for removing makeup not only from your face, but brushes too. In particular she mentioned that she could never completely remove Revlon Colorstay foundation from her brushes (I have the same problem!) until she tried a little of this product. 'm determined to give it a go now!

What beauty products are on your wishlist?

3 comments:

  1. My wishlist, my partner asked me to do one up the other day so now Ive put it as a blog lol http://cjminx.blogspot.com/2011/10/wishlist.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Media Makeup which is an Adelaide based company stock Makeup Forever HD Foundation. They will send you 4 samples of the shades you think will best suit you, just have to pay for postage. I have oily/combination skin and absolutely love the foundation, however like you said it is expensive in Australia!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've tried the HD foundation and honestly it's nothing to write home about! It isn't awful by any means but nothing wowed me about it. On the other hand, I love and own the Chanel VitaLumiere Aqua Foundation.

    ReplyDelete